Six Benefits of Installing Solar on Your Home or Business
We get it, solar is a big investment and a scary decision to make. We talk to homeowners and businesses everyday as they mull over whether or not solar makes sense for their building. The benefits of solar adoption vary widely by motivation, location, and needs, but the top reasons to install solar panels include:
(1) Going Green
The obvious and perhaps, most important, reason to consider adding solar to your home or business is to help you live more sustainably. By using solar, you will lessen your dependence on fossil fuels to power your home and reduce your carbon footprint in the process. By moving to solar, you will eliminate as many as four tons of carbon emissions each year. Utilizing solar can go a long way to reduce our effect on the environment.
(2) Reduce Electricity Bills By having solar panels installed on your home or building, you will likely drastically reduce your monthly electricity bills. In fact, you may even be paid back a small amount each month for your extra energy contributions to the grid. No electricity bills is a huge benefit of adopting solar! Furthermore, by adopting solar, you won’t be subject to the rising cost of electricity; you will lock in your monthly electric rate for the life of the system.
(3) Collect Tax Credits and Rebates The City of Fort Collins huge rebates for adding solar to your residential or commercial building. The State of Colorado additional incentives and the federal government has other additional rebates you may qualify for by adding solar panels to your home. Solar rebates may be reduced at the end of the year, if you’re considering adding solar to your home - now is the time!
(4) Improve the Value of Your Home Solar panels can positively affect the value of your home or property, especially in Northern Colorado where green energy is highly-welcomed. As more appraisers and home buyers appreciate the value of solar installations, the added benefit of having solar will only go up.
(5) Energy Independence We are big believers in promoting local energy independence, or the idea that we do not have to rely on outside energy sources to power our city and industries. The West was built on a sense of self-reliance—your home should exemplify this same spirit!
(6) Support Your Local Economy By working with Sandbox Solar to purchase and install your home’s solar panels, you’ll be adding to our local economy. Sandbox was started by two local entrepreneurs and we exclusively use local contractors. Together, we’re putting money right back into the local economy, rather than sending it off to huge electricity corporations. And in the solar industry especially, bigger isn’t always better. Partnering with regional solar installers likely going to get you the most bang for your buck.
The Sandbox Solar team is here to partner with you as you consider solar. We have installed solar systems on a significant number of businesses and homes right here in Northern Colorado and we pride ourselves on making solar energy accessible to all to receive the environmental and financial benefits possible through energy generation. From homeowners, businesses, or community solar farm subscribers, we will help you design and implement a solar system that makes sense for you. Please contact us today to learn more about the benefits of adding a solar system to your home home or business. We’re here to answer your questions and help you determine if solar makes sense.