There are many benefits to working with a local solar company like Sandbox Solar. They provide a different experience –and likely a different pricing structure – than a large or national solar company does. This is why it’s always important to shop around and find the right company for you. With Sandbox Solar, you will have people who care, who want to talk to you, and who help you with every step of your solar project. In this blog, we’ll cover why choosing a “small solar company near me” is a better experience.
- Face Time – When you use a small solar company near you, you have plenty of opportunities to discuss your project face to face. Often, when you work with a big solar provider, you first meet a salesperson, and then an installation team, and then a customer service department. It’s rare that you have one single person to talk to throughout the whole process. When you work with a small local solar company like Sandbox Solar, we are with you throughout the whole process and know your solar project in and out. Smaller companies are happy to meet you in person to answer questions and discuss your solar system. You won’t have to play phone tag or hope the next person you talk to knows your project.
- They Genuinely Care – Smaller, local installers care greatly about the work they do. Reputation matters, and here at Sandbox Solar, we work hard to go above and beyond for every client. Local companies tend to have a crew of full-time workers who report directly to the company itself. This creates accountability and direct management of the project. With bigger solar companies, the work is often hired out to local contract crews. These crews might have less personal investment in the job. At Sandbox Solar, we genuinely care about our relationship with our customers and giving them the best experience possible. As you look for a “small solar company near me,” look no further than Sandbox Solar.
- Genuine Testimonies from Local People – Local solar installers care more about their reputation and the ratings they receive. They rely heavily on word-of-mouth referrals. At Sandbox Solar, if we weren’t able to do a good job and have happy customers, our reputation would suffer. In general, local solar companies consistently get higher ratings than the nation’s largest and better-recognized solar companies. Smaller solar installers often use higher-quality brands of solar panels, because they feel a personal responsibility to do the best job that they can. Sandbox Solar utilizes the highest quality design tools and components to give you the best installation possible.
- Community Involvement – At Sandbox Solar, we are dedicated to our community. Our goal is to foster local community involvement with solar energy. We provide opportunities for anyone to get involved in solar energy and receive the best environmental and financial benefits possible through energy generation. We have worked with Colorado State University on an agricultural solar research project to see if specialty crops and solar panels can co-exist. We work with Northern Colorado communities to implement community solar projects to remove barriers to solar and increase the number of systems in Northern Colorado overall. And we like to work with interns to give them experience with solar energy and installation.
- Supporting the Local Economy – The cool thing about small solar companies is that they typically hire local crews. This means that your investment stays right here in our community and with your solar project, and you will be supporting your local economy. Everyone who works at Sandbox Solar calls Northern Colorado home. We’re proud to support our local community by shopping local, partnering with other local contractors, and supporting local nonprofits to strengthen the Northern Colorado economy.
Adding solar to your home is a big investment, and who you work with matters. As you’re making a decision on who to use for your solar project, please consider working with a “small solar company near me,” like Sandbox Solar. We are a trusted local solar provider, and we aim to help you design the best solar system for your home. Contact us today for a free quote and to learn more about our services!