Why you should have a solar battery backup system this winter?
This winter, it is essential to have a battery backup system in case of power outages, power failures, or emergencies. A solar battery backup system will provide stored backup energy helping you keep your home warm and running when it matters. Here in Fort Collins, we get a lot of heavy weather, including winter storms, powerful mountain winds, and freezing temperatures. These forces can drastically affect any modern solar system, while a backup battery ensures you will continue to have power while your system gets repaired.
If you experience one of these situations, contact Sandbox Solar Repair Services for assistance.
What are some advantages of having a battery backup system?
- Energy that you produce is stored in your own battery backup system
- Incase of a local power outage, you will have backup battery power
- Reliance less on local energy company
- Energy security and peace of mind
- Safety during a power outage, to keep warm and keep important things running
- Automatic battery backup switch
What are some disadvantages of having a battery backup system?
- Additional costs (However, backup battery storage is now covered by the new 30% ITC through the new Inflation Reduction Act)
- Backup battery storage can take up a lot of space
- Probability of their being an outage vs cost of the batteries
Interested in installing a Battery Backup System?
Here’s a brand we often install:
What is the difference between off-grid solar system vs battery backup systems?
Off-grid Solar Systems are not connected to the local energy grid. Therefore, these solar systems come with battery storage and battery backup storage if desired. Homeowners with off-grid solar systems are completely energy self-sufficient and will not be affected by local grid outages or other grid related issues. Their battery backup systems will switch on in case their solar array suddenly stops producing power.
Battery Backup Systems can be added to off-grid or on-grid systems. Backup power is simply that, a backup power. When the source of the power stops producing, i.e. the grid, or your primary battery supply, the backup batteries will automatically switch on. Giving you the peace of mind that you will still have power during an outage.
To learn if a battery backup system is right for you, give us a call today! Your local solar experts would be happy to provide you with the necessary information to help you make your decision.