Are you building a new home and looking to make it environmentally friendly? Sandbox Solar can help! We offer solar for new construction in Fort Collins to help you build a solar system that seamlessly integrates with your new home or business. We are experts in solar energy providing you with independent and clean energy in Fort Collins!
Arguably, the best time to invest in solar is when you are considering solar for new construction in Fort Collins. You can build your home or business with your solar system in mind. Here are a few things that you should pay attention to when designing a home that is perfect for solar:
- The orientation and angle of your roof – It is crucial to have a large south-facing roof if you are mounting your solar panels on it. Your roof pitch should be 30 to 35 degrees for maximum rooftop solar energy production. When your panels are at this ideal angle, you will have great electricity output all year long.
- The size of your roof – You also need sufficient space for your solar system to produce the right amount of electricity. Sufficient space is essential if you want your solar system to produce all the electricity your house will consume throughout the year. A small south-facing roof will limit your space for panels, decreasing the possible size of the array.
- Plan the placement of vents, chimneys, and place dormers – Your solar panels need to be completely unshaded when the sun is at its highest point so it can generate the most electricity. Vents, chimneys, and dormers can create shadows that fall on your solar panels and decrease your energy output.
- Avoid trees and other obstructions – Trees and buildings can also shade your solar panels. Locate your home somewhere clear of obstructions so your panels can produce maximum energy. However, if shade is unavoidable, you can choose solar equipment that is specifically designed for shaded conditions.
- Take electrical into consideration – This is one of the most important steps in making sure your home and solar system go together seamlessly. You will need room for a conduit from your main electrical panel to the roof for your solar panels. It’s also important to make sure that your setup can handle a solar panel array. Some components of your solar system will need to be installed near your electrical panel, as well, so plan space for them
- New construction commercial buildings – All of the above points apply to commercial buildings as well. If you are looking to decrease your operating costs, become a leader in green energy, and have a seamless solar panel design, then investing in solar during the construction phase of a commercial building is your best bet.
Sandbox Solar is here to help when it comes to solar for new construction in Fort Collins. We can design, develop, and build the perfect solar system for your needs. Let us help you build a carbon-neutral home of your dreams or make your business a leader in green energy. Contact us today to learn more about solar and new construction for your home or business, and for a free quote!